It’s essential that your team uses a fleet telematics system (FTS) to exchange the data you need between your vehicle(s) and your stationary fleet communication system in the office. When you transfer real-time data to one centralized platform via the internet, your office team will able to analyze all of the fleet management data they want. They’ll see live maps, tracing routes, driver locations, and more.
All of that thanks to GPS tracking and location services that rely on telematics. It’s an important technology and your fleet won’t survive without it. Companies that provide fleet management solutions will all use telematics.
But as with the majority of fleet solutions and systems, there are plenty of companies willing to offer you a bespoke and comprehensive solution. Where do you start? How do you decide which telematics system is best for you? And what makes it suited to your application? As always, what’s it going to cost?
At Fleet Logging, we’ve done all of that work for you. On this page, we’ve compared the Telematics solutions from 50 of North America’s top telematics providers.
Keep reading to find all the information you need about the configuration, capability and price of telematics solutions. You’re sure to find the telematics provider that suits you and your team best.
Motive is one of the biggest companies to offer a comprehensive fleet management solution. Their telematics help your company to:
- Track your vehicles, drivers and assets in real-time;
- Save time and cash with GPS location alerts;
- Share locations and communicate with your drivers instantly;
- Improve driver safety with intelligent video telematics;
- Protect your business through smart dash cams;
- Record driver hours and update logs instantly;
- Analyze live information with dependable accuracy and reliability;
- Compile and analyze intelligent reports with easily obtained diagnostics.
Disclaimer: Fleetlogging.com is a general business information website only. The material and information on this website should not be relied upon for making any business or legal decisions. We cannot recommend any company and/or product, nor assess your suitability for any product and/or company listed here.
The table below shows a quick price comparison of all the telematics solutions that we’ve researched:
|Company Name||Monthly Cost (per vehicle)||Upfront Cost|
|Motive||from $35||available on request|
|Samsara||available on request||available on request|
|AMS (Asset Monitoring Solutions)||from $25.99||available on request|
|Rand McNally||available on request||available on request|
|Switchboard||available on request||available on request|
|Webfleet by TomTom Telematics||available on request||available on request|
|Omnitracs||available on request||available on request|
|Brickhouse Security||from $14.99||available on request|
|Geotab||available on request||available on request|
|Azuga||available on request||available on request|
|Linxup||from $22.99||from $39.99|
|Nextraq||available on request||available on request|
|Verizon Connect||available on request||available on request|
|Zubie||from $27||available on request|
|Enterprise Fleet Management||available on request||available on request|
|Lytx||available on request||available on request|
|Fleetio||available on request||available on request|
|Teletrac Navman||available on request||available on request|
|Eroad||available on request||available on request|
|Automile||from $19.90||available on request|
|Element Fleet Management||available on request||available on request|
|Fleetlocate||available on request||available on request|
|Clearpath GPS||from $20||from $175|
|Coretex||available on request||available on request|
|Donlen||available on request||available on request|
|Zonar Systems||available on request||available on request|
|Pedigree Technologies||available on request||available on request|
|Mix Telematics||available on request||available on request|
|Quartix||available on request||available on request|
|GPS Trackit||available on request||available on request|
|Track Your Truck||from $19.99||free|
|Gorilla Safety||from $26.99||free|
|CarrierWeb||available on request||available on request|
|Merchant's Fleet||available on request||available on request|
|National Fleet Tracking||available on request||available on request|
|Trimble Fleet Management||available on request||available on request|
|Eaglei Tracking||available on request||available on request|
|TitanGPS||available on request||available on request|
|Blue Ink Bit||from $30||available on request|
|Atti Fleet Tracking||available on request||available on request|
|Transflo||available on request||available on request|
|Fleet Complete||available on request||available on request|
|AT&T Fleet Complete||available on request||available on request|
|Chevin FleetWave||available on request||available on request|
|Rhino Fleet Tracking||from $39.95||from $16.95|
|goFleet||available on request||available on request|
*the prices in the table above (where available) come directly from each company’s website and were accurate at the time of writing (September ’22). Since then, those prices may have since changed.
We’ve listed the results of our telematics research and the features of each company’s product in a bit more detail below. You’ll be able to see the benefits of their service and some general information about the company as well.
*companies are ranked in no particular order.
Samsara include highly advanced telematics as part of their fleet management package. Their telematics system:
- Uses real-time telematics with GPS tracking;
- Can be configured to show geofence alerts;
- Puts highly valuable data into rich reports and visualizations;
- Feeds highly useful dispatch tools;
- Provides accurate real-time traffic information;
- Captures and transfers over-the-air vehicle diagnostics;
- Is capable of transferring live engine data for utilization reports;
- Communicates fault codes to help maintenance and avoid breakdown.
3. AMS (Asset Monitoring Solutions)
Some of the features of AMS telematics are:
- Quality from “The USA’s number one choice for vehicle tracking”;
- Diverse telematics capabilities that can be customized to suit your team;
- A solution which meets the exact requirements for your telematics needs;
- A web portal design which is designed and maintained in-house;
- Powerful custom reports designed exactly for your business;
- Intelligent tracking positioning, meaning reliable telematics communication;
- High-quality server infrastructure;
- Technology that helps you monitor all of your mobile assets and communicate with drivers instantly.
4. Rand McNally
Rand McNally has developed an intelligent telematics solution that:
- Uses the highly advanced DriverConnect platform;
- Offers reliable fleet tracking and live location alerts;
- Records important metrics and allows you to analyze driver behavior;
- Helps to view driver events in real time;
- Makes geofencing restrictions and alerts possible;
- Increases fuel efficiency by showing bad driving habits and helping your team eliminate them;
- Feeds an intelligent and customizable reporting system;
- Helps your team communicate with drivers instantly.
Switchboard offers telematics as part of their fleet solutions and includes:
- Intelligent driver reports;
- 24/7 tracking so that you never lose sight of an asset;
- Location pings which can be sent consistently;
- Smart GPS and geofencing technology;
- Data transfer and storage that helps you analyze performance with the touch of a button;
- Data transmission to feed reports (including IFTA reports) that can be calculated automatically;
- Instant communication with drivers, no matter where they are;
- Technology which keeps your systems connected and reliable.
6. Webfleet Solutions (TomTom Telematics)
Telematic systems from Webfleet Solutions (formerly TomTom Telematics) feature:
- Telematics and fleet management for “every size of company”:
- Real-time telematics information about the location of your vehicles;
- Instant and constant communication and messaging with drivers;
- Experience from a company with more than 20 years of fleet experience;
- Intelligent reports that help to learn about driver behavior;
- Fuel consumption analytics that help you reduce costs;
- Extensive reports to show areas that could be improved;
- Live data that allows you to react to every situation and make “smart, informed decisions.”
Omnitracs have developed an intelligent fleet telematics solution. It makes the following possible:
- On-board fleet tracking to increase operation efficiency;
- Data capture to reduce cost and risk;
- Data analysis to “improve and grow your business”;
- Insight into current status, condition, and location of your mobile assets;
- Improved fleet productivity with trackable engine parameters;
- Idle time insights which help you improve fuel consumption;
- Reduced maintenance costs and better asset planning;
- Accurate reports that ensure you remain compliant.
8. Brickhouse Security
Brickhouse Security offers fleet companies a telematics solution which:
- Offers a “full line of GPS tracking devices for a variety of needs”;
- Allows you to use the power of geofencing for your business;
- Can be used to create alerts when drivers go off-route;
- Is used for real-time fleet tracking;
- Provides instant vehicle alerts;
- Reduces costs with detailed fuel consumption information;
- Can be customized to show optimized routes;
- Helps you improve driver productivity, operation efficiency and decrease vehicle downtime.
Geotab are proud to offer their customers telematics solutions which:
- Are easy-to-understand and versatile;
- Keep you up-to-date with your fleet and your drivers;
- Allow you to create a ‘Driver Scorecard’ and compare safety performance;
- Help to improve driver productivity with an ‘Idle Time’ chart;
- Show ‘Risk & Safety Reports’ in a simple, straightforward system;
- Help to map all you need to know about your fleet on one screen;
- Are reliable and provide constant vehicle tracking data;
- Are fully customizable to your business needs.
Azuga offers a comprehensive telematics solution that:
- Brings an unprecedented level of accuracy to safety assessment;
- Reduces risk;
- Improves driver behavior and reduces the frequency of accidents;
- Includes Driver Safety report cards, available to management teams every day;
- Shows a huge range of assessment criteria for your team to analyze;
- Tracks assets 24/7 with highly accurate results;
- Lets you see when drivers enter and leave geofenced areas;
- Shows where a vehicle was idling and how long it was idling for.
- Help you to identify each asset’s location and live movements;
- Can be used for geofencing capabilities;
- Help you to manage your asset maintenance schedules and increase time on the road;
- Get rid of unsafe driving behavior and improve productivity;
- Identify fuel wasters like excessive speeding;
- Include fleet performance score cards so that you can assess individual driver behavior;
- Make efficient dispatch and ETAs possible;
- Help to reduce costs and provide a better fleet management service.
NexTraq is a Michelin Group company that offers the following as part of their telematics system:
- The ability to see all of your drivers, vehicles and assets on one screen;
- Multi-stop routing with efficient route optimization;
- Reliable and easy-to-use solutions which show all the telematics information you need;
- Vehicle tracking to show idle time. This helps you improve operational productivity;
- Reduced costs and improved customer service;
- More than 40 in-depth reports your team can use;
- A customizable solution where you can set up alerts as you desire;
- Geofencing and warning alerts when drivers stray from designated routes.
13. Verizon Connect
Verizon Connect are one of America’s largest telematics providers. Their telematics:
- Develop your business and keep you connected throughout;
- Show live driver performance so that you can interrupt poor behavior like speeding;
- Help you keep on top of idle time and improve driver productivity;
- Improve your operational safety and help coach poor driver habits;
- Show near real-time data so that your team can avoid traffic;
- Help you calculate driver hours with incredible precision;
- Allow for geofencing and making sure that the vehicle is only used when you want it to be used;
- Reduce maintenance costs by setting up alerts for mileage and services.
Zubie offers a telematics solution that:
- Weeds out poor driver behavior;
- Reduces your fuel costs;
- Allows you to analyze trip history and plan routes more efficiently;
- Helps your team improve driver behavior and reduce idle time;
- Produces a unique ‘Driver Score’ each day and helps you evaluate style and technique;
- Creates alerts for unsafe driver behavior, allowing you to interact immediately;
- Delivers weekly reports direct to your inbox;
- Helps you uncover trends and problems quickly using their dashboard platform.
15. Enterprise Fleet Management
Enterprise is one of the biggest names in the industry and their telematics system includes the following:
- The ability to measure fleet performance, safety and productivity;
- Full compliance with data logging and other stored information;
- Improved efficiency with real-time data;
- Vehicle-specific data which can be accessed online;
- Full GPS tracking and a live view of your entire fleet;
- Fuel usage and engine performance reports;
- 24/7 vehicle insights so that you can make better informed decisions on the spot;
- Proactive maintenance which helps to boost productivity.
Lytx has developed a full telematics system to meet your needs. Their telematics:
- Provide your team with the insights you need to protect drivers;
- Help you to prevent collisions before they happen with live tracking and dashboard feeds;
- Help you to change driver behavior and eliminate dangerous habits;
- Include Risk Detection Services;
- Allow you to see your entire fleet in real-time;
- Improve your operational efficiency by reducing idle time and boosting productivity;
- Include fuel and maintenance insights to keep your vehicles on the road;
- Keep your entire fleet fully compliant, no matter where they are.
Fleetio seamlessly integrate telematics with their GPS hardware to offer customers:
- Telematics data which is automatically captured;
- A telematics solution which can be integrated with the fleet management from several other companies;
- Automatic, daily odometer updates;
- Live vehicle location and reliable tracking;
- Alerts, fault codes and diagnostics that are instantly accessible;
- Improved productivity with their vehicles on the road more frequently;
- Full visibility of each driver ‘profile’, all on one screen;
- Reliable, highly accurate and powerful reporting tools your team can use to improve efficiency.
18. Teletrac Navman
Teletrac Navman has developed an impressive telematics system that:
- Improves your service by knowing the exact location of each vehicle at all times;
- Reduces the human input to compliance and administration;
- Includes dashboard camera footage;
- Accurately tracks vehicle diagnostics so you can prepare for every eventuality;
- Reduces maintenance and helps to avoid driver violations;
- Improves fuel consumption;
- Allows for effective and instant communication across the board;
- Includes driver scorecards, so that you can share driver performance.
EROAD promise a telematics solution which is hugely effective. Their telematics technology features:
- Full visibility and control over vehicles, routes and activities on the road;
- Geofenced areas so that you can observe driver activity in a specific area;
- Reduced fuel costs through an improved fuel efficiency;
- Idle reports that help you to improve vehicle usage;
- Driver insight reports to coach your team on better and safer driving;
- Tools to reduce the risk of accidents and violations;
- Trends that show objective data you can use for driver coaching;
- Safe driving behavior leaderboards.
Automile offers telematic systems that include:
- A more streamlined system, increased efficiency and improved driver retention;
- A significant reduction in paperwork and more automated services;
- Full compliance, no matter where your team are;
- Maintenance scheduling which improves vehicle utilization;
- Reduced risk and therefore less frequent accidents;
- Real-time tracking for complete visibility, updated every 15 seconds;
- Full log history so that you can plan the most efficient routes in future;
- Geo-fencing for complete control and security of your assets.
21. Element Fleet Management
With Element Fleet Management’s advanced telematics solutions, you’ll enjoy the following:
- Full compliance that doesn’t interfere with performance;
- Diverse tools and technology options to help reduce your fleet’s emissions;
- A reduction in fuel costs thanks to idle time monitoring;
- An improved safety response from your drivers;
- Live, real-time inspection reports to remain compliant;
- A streamlined and simplified work process;
- Navigation solutions to help your drivers select the most efficient route;
- A selection of custom messages to send drivers as and when you need to.
22. FleetLocate (Spireon) Connected by OnStar
Spireon’s FleetLocate uses GM’s OnStar as their telematics delivery system. The powerful combination offers users the following:
- A telematics system which can be customized for fleets of all sizes;
- A powerful solution that requires no additional hardware;
- 24/7 vehicle tracking so that you always know where your vehicles are;
- Reduced vehicle downtime, and a healthy fleet with engine diagnostics and alerts;
- Improved driver behavior with performance analysis;
- Door lock/unlock capabilities;
- Real and updated odometers to fully assess miles driven;
- Extended vehicle life, increased productivity and more streamlined operations.
23. ClearPath GPS
ClearPath GPS focus on GPS tracking products – all part of their telematics system. Their telematics system also includes the following:
- Route optimization to improve fleet performance, job dispatch and more;
- Analysis of full GPS tracking history;
- Real-time tracking data and live traffic alerts so that the quickest route is always identified;
- Full driver behavior analysis, so that poor behavior can be improved;
- Fleet maintenance schedules, reducing time your vehicles spend off the road;
- Geofencing borders so that you’re notified if and when drivers leave their designated route;
- Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) which alerts you to specific problems;
- A centralized online dashboard so that you and your team can fully analyze fleet operations.
Onfleet use advanced telematics to offer their customers the following:
- Intelligent route optimization which considers traffic as well as location;
- Updates and communications that can be sent to drivers in real time;
- Detailed task histories to improve driver productivity and accountability;
- Live driver locations and a responsive web tracking experience;
- Data-driven features that track performance and provide useful insights;
- Full visibility of distance traveled and engine metrics;
- Comprehensive reporting that can be customized to suit your needs;
- All of your operations on one intuitive, web-based dashboard.
Coretex provide high quality fleet solutions thanks to advanced telematics technology. Their telematics allow for:
- Highly accurate time and location geofence activity recording;
- Entry/exit alerts based on the pre-defined geofencing area;
- Maximized maintenance efficiency as a result of detailed reports and real-time alerts;
- Optimized driver routes;
- Reduced idle time and a reduction in fuel costs;
- Increased asset utilization;
- Fatigue management, thanks to specific tools and dashcams;
- Increased productivity and safer drivers on the road.
Donlen is a Hertz company that offers DriverPoint® Telematics as part of their fleet management solutions. It features:
- Complete integration with Donlen’s fleet management platform, FleetWeb® ;
- Telematics combined with online driver training and driver behavior scorecards;
- The tools you need to coach your highest-risk drivers;
- Intelligent reporting to keep your vehicles active and on the road;
- Real-time alerts when your drivers are driving poorly;
- Instant communication so that you can interact where and when you need to;
- Advanced diagnostics to track and store data for tire pressure, odometer readings and more;
- The option of telematics without additional hardware, thanks to full integration with OnStar Telematics.
27. Zonar Systems
Zonar Systems put a big focus on their telematic solutions. Their telematic systems help users to:
- Consistently and reliably track assets and get precise location data;
- Capture driver activity and analyze poor driver behavior;
- Recognize interference with anti-tampering technology;
- Protect privacy with encrypted data and a private VPN;
- Diagnose engine and system metrics, no matter how remote they are;
- Reduce costs with improved productivity;
- Remove idle time from operations and increase fuel efficiency;
- Analyze every part of vehicle activity with an “intelligent logging” algorithm.
28. Pedigree Technologies
Pedigree Technologies have developed fleet management solutions with telematics playing an important role. Their telematics:
- Provide you with complete visibility of your entire operation;
- Allow you to schedule maintenance based on usage and timing;
- Send alerts and warnings signals when a service is due on each vehicle;
- Integrate seamlessly with the OneView fleet management platform;
- Record vehicle diagnostics with incredible precision, including tyre pressure;
- Keep your fleet compliant, regardless of where they are;
- Reduce fuel consumption and improve operational efficiency;
- Allow you to monitor and communicate with your drivers in near real-time.
29. Mix Telematics
Mix Telematics is a leading global provider of telematics solutions. They offer customers:
- Route optimization, so that drivers are reaching their destination the most efficient way;
- Improved communication between drivers in the field and your office;
- The tools they need to reduce fuel consumption;
- Assets that help with vehicle maintenance and maintenance scheduling;
- Full analysis and evaluation of each individual driver’s performance;
- Driver coaching and improved behavior;
- Real-time vehicle tracking so that you can make intelligent, informed decisions when you have to;
- Improved safety and security for both your drivers and your fleet.
Quartix are able to offer highly reliable vehicle tracking by using telematics technology. The telematics they use makes the following possible:
- Vehicle and driver tracking in real time;
- Full visibility on the internet – there’s no need for additional software;
- Instant access to live driver logs and information even as you’re viewing their live location;
- Simple-to-use reports thanks to their in-house data analysis;
- Daily vehicle logs, adjustable to the level of detail that suits your needs;
- A driver league table that allows you to compare driver behavior;
- The tools you need to monitor and improve driving style and reduce fuel consumption;
- Daily driver briefings and all the information you need to reduce risk.
31. GPS Trackit
GPS Trackit offer a dynamic fleet telematics solution that includes:
- Detailed interactive maps, so that you always know where your vehicles are;
- Google maps technology on your fleet management platform;
- Geofencing technology so that you can maintain control of locations you’ve set as off-limit;
- 24/7 coverage and the power you need to protect your business;
- A wide range of data-rich, customizable reporting tools;
- Individual driver scorecards so that you can evaluate poor driver performance;
- Speed and safety reports so that you can reduce risk and road violations;
- Theft detection and off-hour alerts thanks to advanced telematics technology.
32. Track Your Truck
Track Your Truck offer advanced GPS fleet tracking thanks to their telematics technology. It features the following:
- 24/7 tracking that is highly reliable;
- The tools you need to monitor driver time across the fleet;
- Stop and start time analysis so that you can improve driver productivity;
- After-hours use that lets you monitor activity even when you’re not in the office;
- Alerts on hazardous driver behavior such as harsh braking, speeding and more;
- Reporting which shows 125 days of driver activity;
- Multiple reports detailing the activity from each of your drivers;
- The technology you need for safer vehicles, reduced costs and a streamlined business.
33. Gorilla Safety
Gorilla Safety takes fleet management seriously. They use telematics technology to:
- Fully automate IFTA reporting;
- Automatically records and stores odometer readings so that you don’t have to worry about inaccuracies;
- Keep your team compliant by recording the data you need;
- Reduce fuel cost by closely monitoring idle time and fuel use;
- Show your driver’s HOS with the click of a button. You’ll be accurate and up-to-date;
- Track repairs, so that you’re always on top of your maintenance schedule;
- Track your vehicles 24/7, adding security to your assets;
- Provide real-time alerts for a range of customizable details your team need to know about.
CarrierWeb offer ‘always-on’ fleet management to their customers. It includes telematics technology that:
- Takes data (driver activity, engine diagnostics, truck location, driver performance) and turns it into actionable information you can put to work immediately;
- Makes your business even more dynamic and competitive;
- Transmits and transfers unlimited amounts of data;
- Provides accurate locations 24/7;
- Can be used to create alerts and warnings when drivers go off-route;
- Shows live data on the CarrierWeb online platform so that you can make real-time decisions;
- Gives you the tools you need to improve productivity and reduce costs.
35. Merchants Fleet
Merchants Fleet offer their customers flexible, tailored telematics systems. You can expect the following from their telematics:
- Powerful tools to capture measurable, actionable data;
- The information you need to identify key areas of improvement;
- A customized solution to suit your business needs;
- High-quality data transmission that is effective for fleets of all sizes;
- Accurate, high-performance technology;
- Real-time and historic snapshots you need to fully analyze costs;
- Technology that keeps you compliant, no matter where you are;
- Advanced insight into drivers’ on-road activities with safety reports.
37. National Fleet Tracking
National Fleet Tracking focuses on ELD and GPS tracking. They use telematics to provide the following:
- All the live, highly-accurate data you need to supervise your team;
- Full visibility of your entire fleet with GPS tracking, so you know exactly where they are;
- The tools you need to improve driver productivity;
- A customized, reliable solution that fits your exact requirements;
- Alerts that show unsafe driving behavior so that you can interact before it’s too late;
- Added security, since you’ll be able to locate stolen vehicles quickly;
- Geofencing to prevent drivers from ‘off-route’ moonlighting;
- Powerful reporting that helps you coach your team and reduce risky driver behavior.
38. Trimble Fleet Management
Trimble Fleet Management promises to transform your business with their smart technology. Their telematics technology helps to offer the following:
- Smart analytics to help you monitor your operations and your bottom line;
- Data-driven insights to identify which of your drivers are at risk of leaving;
- Reports that aggregate data and provide you with an interactive and complete view of your operations;
- The tools you need to spot trends and address problems before they arise;
- Insights to better manage your operating costs;
- Increased fuel efficiency and reduced idle time;
- GPS visibility, event monitoring, and remote asset data on a near-global basis;
- The tools you need to improve driver efficiency and increase productivity.
Bridgehaul has developed fleet management solutions which go far beyond the typical offerings. This includes telematics that:
- Help you unlock maximum value for your business;
- Provide custom reporting to help with maintenance, payroll and more;
- Offer real-time fleet tracking;
- Come with intelligent filters to show you available drivers;
- Constantly refresh to keep your team compliant;
- Eliminate administrative costs and automate simple processes;
- Allow drivers to upload and save images, receipts and more, saving time and providing you with live information;
- Reduce paperwork and ensures that the information you have always up-to-date.
40. EAGLEi GPS
EAGLEi offers their customers telematics that include the following:
- Detailed reports that help give your team a detailed fleet overview;
- Notifications about when your vehicles need an oil change and other maintenance issues;
- Geofencing to keep full control of the location of your drivers;
- Instant communication with drivers in the field;
- An easy-to-use and smart platform showing all the information you need;
- Data which can be viewed on a number of devices;
- The information you need to remain fully compliant, even internationally;
- The technology to only display the required driver data, keeping private information secure.
41. Titan GPS
Titan GPS has developed their telematics solution with the customer in mind. Their telematics:
- Come from a ‘leading fleet GPS tracking and telematics company’;
- Streamline your operations with their comprehensive GPS tracking systems;
- Let you see where all of your drivers are 24/7;
- Reduce idle time and increase driver productivity;
- Shows speeding alerts and warnings so that you can prevent drivers from committing road violations;
- Keeps a maintenance schedule up-to-date for each vehicle, so that you need fewer unexpected repairs;
- Reduce your business cost and improve the efficiency of your fleet;
- Enhance the safety and security of your operations.
42. Blue Ink Tech (BIT)
Blue Ink Bit use telematics to offer their customers the following:
- HOS and ELD data that is updated regularly and is instantly visible;
- Maintenance schedules that keep your team proactive and eliminate unplanned downtime;
- Fault codes, engine diagnostics and more vehicle information that is instantly accessible;
- A live picture of the location of one or all of your vehicles and drivers;
- A ‘traffic feature’, which helps you to plan routes and stay efficient;
- Historic route data, so that you can alter problematic routes;
- Full compliance for you and your team;
- Live trailer information (such as load weight) to help you avoid overloading, even in remote locations.
Even though they may focus primarily on GPS Tracking, OneStepGPS.com use telematics that help them provide:
- Real-time tracking with easy installation;
- 100% web-based tracking, meaning no software is required;
- Text and email alerts about unsafe driver behavior and geofencing violations;
- Powerful solutions customizable for fleets of every size;
- Highly accurate data that can be accessed from anywhere;
- The tools you need to reduce vehicle and repair costs;
- An increase in employee productivity;
- Enhanced driver safety and improved security for your vehicles.
Advanced Tracking Technologies Inc. (ATTI) use telematics to offer the following:
- An overall reduction in operating costs and a streamlined operation;
- The information and data you need to manage your vehicles more reliably;
- Instant communication that helps you eliminate employee fraud;
- Instant access to driver behavior including idle time and speeding information;
- 24/7 driver location so that you never lose sight of a vehicle;
- Full accountability for the work of each driver;
- Improved driver behavior and an increase in productivity;
- Automated reporting, so that you have all the information you need without having to work for it.
Transflo uses telematics technology in a huge range of their products. They use it to:
- Transmit the live data you need to be ELD compliant;
- Help your team streamline operational expenses;
- Provide a 24/7 driver location, so that you always have full visibility of your fleet;
- Display live traffic, including route changes and traffic alerts;
- Transmit and store the data you need for DVIRs;
- Provide safety and performance data about the fleet to managers in the form of intelligent reports;
- Help your team analyze idle time and increase fuel efficiency;
- Plan routes based on past performance and optimize vehicle activity.
46. Fleet Complete
Fleet Complete provide a fleet management solution that uses advanced telematics to:
- Increase driver safety with video telematics;
- Record events so that you can coach drivers and use material for future training;
- Provide in-cab driver behavior feedback and reduce the risk of road violation;
- Allow drivers to instantly record maintenance issues and report defects back to your office team;
- Eliminate paperwork and view driver ELD data instantly;
- Optimize load planning and remain ELD compliant;
- Reduce your risk on the road and coach poor driving habits;
- Protect your vehicles, keep them on the road for longer and reduce the impact of wear and tear.
47. AT&T Fleet Complete
AT&T Fleet Complete use comprehensive telematics with their fleet management solutions. They use it to offer the following:
- A cost-effective GPS tracking solution;
- Near real-time fleet management;
- Full fleet monitoring on one clear, simple map;
- ‘Aggressive driving’ alerts so that you can better manage your fleet safety;
- The tools you need to coach your team to be safer drivers;
- A boost in vehicle health with critical engine data readily accessible;
- Maintenance schedules that help you prevent breakdowns and unplanned downtime;
- Accurate and highly reliable connectivity for fleets of every size.
48. Chevin FleetWave
Chevin FleetWave promises to improve your fleet operations. They use telematics to offer:
- Improved fleet operations and integrated management;
- Flexible and adaptable technology that can be designed to fit your needs;
- A complete vehicle history and maintenance schedule that is instantly accessible;
- Big data – but only the data you need. You can select which features you’d like to see and won’t feel overwhelmed;
- All of the information you need about your entire fleet in one easily accessible place;
- Streamlined processes and reduced costs;
- All the live information you need to make the right decision in real-time;
- Powerful reports that help you pinpoint inefficiencies and the tools you need to put them right.
49. Rhino Fleet Tracking
Rhino Fleet Tracking uses fleet telematics to make fleet tracking ‘easier’ and safer. By using fleet telematics, Rhino Fleet Tracking:
- Combines the power of telecommunications and GPS networks to produce an easy-to-manage tracking system;
- Allows your team to pinpoint exact vehicle and driver locations on a live map;
- Can provide instant access to secure vehicle, asset, and driver data associated with the task at hand;
- Seamlessly transfers secure data from the vehicle terminal back to the fleet office;
- Provides instant feedback that office teams can use to address potential issues before they get out-of-hand;
- Sounds alerts and alarms both in-cab and in office to warn about unsafe driving and other hazards;
- Transfers video footage directly from the cabin back to the fleet headquarters;
- Records every mile of a driver’s journey. That data populates powerful reports that can be used to spot opportunities and reduce costs.
Fleet telematics are at the heart of many of GoFleet’s fleet solutions. It uses fleet telematics to:
- Accurately display live driver location on a dashboard map, updated every 15 seconds (at the latest);
- Share real-time alerts and updates based on the status of any job or task;
- Transmit a video feed of the driver’s view on the, coupled with dashcam technology;
- Provide instant on-the-road information that office teams can use to quickly intercept potentially hazardous situations;
- Automatically record driver hours through the ELD system;
- Map and record every driver-related event, so that you get 24/7 visibility over your entire fleet;
- Store crucial driver and vehicle data that feeds powerful reporting technology, a tool used to increase profitability;
- Provide timely two-way communication with drivers on the road and operators in the fleet office.
What are fleet telematics?
A fleet telematics system (FTS) allows for information exchange between your vehicle(s) and your stationary fleet communication system in the office. The term comes from two other technologies: telecommunications and infomatics.
Real-time data is transferred to one centralized platform via the internet, where office teams are able to analyze all of the fleet management data they want. The database within your central hub is likely to display maps, tracing routes, asset locations and more, thanks to GPS tracking and location services.
Telematics (compression, encryption and transmission of this information) make the digital transfer and display of this data possible.
What are the stages of vehicle telematics?
The stages of telematics can become complex, so we’ll try to keep it simple. First of all, information from the field (normally from your vehicle) must be collected and compressed. It’s then encrypted and transmitted over the internet. Finally, it will be received on a centralized platform within your office, and presented in an intelligible, easy-to-understand way.
Is there any hardware involved in telematics?
Many companies will offer a ‘hardware-free’ telematics solution. The reality is that even if the online portal doesn’t use any additional hardware, some hardware components are still required. The most obvious hardware component is the GPS tracker, usually hard-wired to a vehicle or attached to an ELD by bluetooth.
The devices which drivers use and other tracking modules are all required to make telematics work.
Are telematics a legal requirement?
Telematics itself is not a legal requirement. However, it’s an extremely useful technology used for Hours of Service (HOS) and electric logging device (ELD) capabilities – both of which are legal requirements. Those legal fleet requirements (and more) all heavily rely on telematics. Even if it isn’t a legal requirement itself, other regulations require the use of telematics.
You can check out the Top 53 Best ELD Devices that we’ve compared on one handy page.
Will telematics save you money?
Almost certainly. Telematics will help you analyze the operating costs of your business. Fuel costs, idle time and driver productivity are all evaluated with more clarity when telematics are used.
You’ll also be able to record and access maintenance information and vehicle diagnostics instantly. This helps keep your vehicles in top condition, on the road, and importantly, reduces unplanned downtime.
What data can telematics transmit?
We’re not kidding – telematics can more or less transmit any information you want. Normally, this data involves crucial vehicle and fleet diagnostics. It can be as simple as a vehicle and driver location, or as complex as a tyre pressure and engine metric.
Crucially, telematics make instant messaging, emails and other methods of communication possible. More advanced technologies allow you to live-stream a dashcam that helps to get a visual image of exactly what the driver is seeing.
Are all vehicles capable of using telematics?
Just about every car, trailer, vehicle or asset you can imagine is capable of using telematic technology. If it can move, then you can track it to some degree.
In fact, some vehicles come with manufacturer-telematics already designed and installed within the vehicle. Some companies may find this to be a convenient solution, but unfortunately, if your fleet includes several vehicles of different makes and models, you won’t get the consistency that your fleet telematics system needs.
* Please note we have an affiliate relationship with Motive