Your fleet won’t get far without GPS Tracking. And even if they did, you wouldn’t know where they got to! GPS Tracking is a fundamental part of fleet management and a technology that you can’t operate without. With the right provider and an effective telematics system, you’ll be able to see the live location and tracking details of your entire fleet on one centralized hub.
Live maps, traffic management, and route plans are all extremely important aspects of your day-to-day fleet operations. This is all made possible by either GPS trackers attached to your vehicle or electric logging devices (ELDs) that use GPS technology. Data is transmitted and displayed in your office and your team can then use that information. You won’t find a single fleet management company that isn’t using GPS tracking in some capacity.
But as with the majority of fleet solutions and systems, there are plenty of companies willing to offer you an industry-leading GPS tracking system. Where do you begin? How do you decide which GPS trackers suit your vehicles best? What do you need to get from the GPS tracking data? And, important as ever, how much will it cost you?
Here at Fleet Logging, we’ve figured out the answers to all of those questions so that you don’t have to. On this page, we’ve compared the GPS tracking systems from 50 of North America’s top GPS tracking companies.
Keep reading to find all the information you need about the configuration, capability and price of GPS trackers. You’re sure to find the provider that suits you and your team best.
Keeptruckin is one of the biggest companies in industry to have designed and marketed a GPS tracking system. Their GPS tracking helps your company:
- Track all of your vehicles in one place;
- Save time and money with automated GPS location alerts;
- Compile reports which show vehicle activity and location mapping with a high degree of accuracy;
- Eliminate guesswork with their unique ‘Fleet View’ design;
- Stay up-to-date by watching your vehicles move across the map in real time;
- Communicate ETAs to customers and other dispatchers;
- Realize when vehicles have entered and exited geofenced areas with specific alarms;
- Create more accurate billing, since you’ll have valuable reports that detail the amount of time spent on a job site.
Disclaimer: Fleetlogging.com is a general business information website only. The material and information on this website should not be relied upon for making any business or legal decisions. We cannot recommend any company and/or product, nor assess your suitability for any product and/or company listed here.
The table below shows a quick price comparison of all the GPS tracking solutions that we’ve researched:
|Company Name||Monthly Cost (per vehicle)||Upfront Cost|
|Keeptruckin||from $35||available on request|
|Samsara||available on request||available on request|
|AMS (Asset Monitoring Solutions)||from $25.99||available on request|
|Rand McNally||available on request||available on request|
|Switchboard||available on request||available on request|
|Webfleet by TomTom Telematics||available on request||available on request|
|Omnitracs||available on request||available on request|
|Brickhouse Security||from $14.99||available on request|
|Geotab||available on request||available on request|
|Linxup||from $22.99||from $39.99|
|Azuga||available on request||available on request|
|Nextraq||available on request||available on request|
|Verizon Connect||available on request||available on request|
|Zubie||from $27||available on request|
|Enterprise Fleet Management||available on request||available on request|
|Lytx||available on request||available on request|
|Teletrac Navman||available on request||available on request|
|Eroad||available on request||available on request|
|GPS Insight||available on request||available on request|
|Automile||from $19.90||available on request|
|Element Fleet Management||available on request||available on request|
|Fleetlocate||available on request||available on request|
|US Fleet Tracking||from $29.95||n/a|
|Clearpath GPS||from $20||from $175|
|Coretex||available on request||available on request|
|Zonar Systems||available on request||available on request|
|Pedigree Technologies||available on request||available on request|
|Mix Telematics||available on request||available on request|
|Quartix||available on request||available on request|
|GPS Trackit||available on request||available on request|
|Track Your Truck||from $19.99||free|
|Gorilla Safety||from $26.99||free|
|CarrierWeb||available on request||available on request|
|Merchant's Fleet||available on request||available on request|
|Blue Tree Systems||available on request||available on request|
|National Fleet Tracking||available on request||available on request|
|Trimble Fleet Management||available on request||available on request|
|Eaglei Tracking||available on request||available on request|
|TitanGPS||available on request||available on request|
|Blue Ink Bit||from $30||available on request|
|Atti Fleet Tracking||available on request||available on request|
|Transflo||available on request||available on request|
|Fleet Complete||available on request||available on request|
|AT&T Fleet Complete||available on request||available on request|
|Chevin FleetWave||available on request||available on request|
|Rhino Fleet Tracking||from $39.95||from $16.95|
|goFleet||available on request||available on request|
*the prices in the table above (where available) come directly from each company’s website and were accurate at the time of writing (November ’19). Since then, those prices may have since changed.
We’ve listed the results of our GPS tracking research and the features of each company’s product in a bit more detail below. You’ll be able to see the benefits of their service and some general information about the company as well.
*companies are ranked in no particular order.
Highly advanced GPS tracking technology is an important part of Samsara’s fleet management package. Their GPS tracking systems:
- Provide a real-time location with ‘helicopter view’;
- Can be configured to provide safety alerts;
- Use fuel reporting technology so that you know how and where to correct fuel waste;
- Are used to feed dispatching tools and orders;
- Can be used to provide more than just location: engine diagnostics can be determined by using the same tracking hardware;
- Help your team plan routes and avoid traffic delays that have appeared;
- Share vehicle diagnostics so that you can minimize downtime and maximize the time your vehicles spend on the road;
- Use driver locations to streamline operations and sound alarms when vehicles leave geofenced areas.
3. AMS (Asset Monitoring Solutions)
AMS is one of the leading providers of fleet management systems. Its GPS tracking:
- Comes with the quality of “The USA’s number one choice for vehicle tracking”;
- Uses a sophisticated dashboard for a valuable asset tracking solution;
- Lets your team monitor each of your assets and the style of your drivers;
- Shows the location, date, time, speed, direction and status information of each vehicle and driver;
- Can be used internationally and displayed on the same dashboard;
- Can be viewed on any internet-enabled device;
- Is fully customizable so that your live screen, mapping selections, and driver reports are suited to your needs;
- Can also be used in ‘trail’ mode. This screen allows the user to track countless details of an individual vehicle’s journey.
4. Rand McNally
Rand McNally uses its unique DriverConnect platform to offer GPS tracking. That technology features the following:
- Real-time insights into vehicle and driver locations;
- Reliable tracking which lets you know exactly where your assets are at any given time;
- The capability to monitor key driver performance metrics and coach better driving;
- Speed monitoring, so that the chance of an accident is reduced;
- Miles-per-gallon analysis. This helps your team improve fuel consumption and train drivers to manage fuel better;
- Idle time tracking. Once visible in a handy report, you can improve your fleet efficiency;
- Custom geofences which sound an alarm upon entry and exit;
- Efficient route planning, showing live traffic updates and shortest distance.
Switchboard offers GPS tracking as part of its fleet solutions. Its GPS tracking technology includes:
- 24/7 live locations that help you monitor and track your vehicles and drivers;
- Location pings which can be sent consistently;
- Geofencing technology that calculates the exact time of entry and exit for any location you choose;
- Detention time calculations, showing you how long drivers spend with clients and helping you optimize procedures;
- Absolute accuracy when calculating miles driven;
- The capability to track your entire fleet in one place in real-time;
- Speeding alerts which notify your team of any dangerous driver behavior;
- Idle time calculations, helping your team to coach better driving and improve fuel consumption.
6. Webfleet Solutions (TomTom Telematics)
GPS tracking solutions from Webfleet Solutions (formerly TomTom Telematics) feature:
- Reliable tracking that lets you know where your vehicles are 24/7;
- Simple GPS tracker installation;
- The tracking data you need to improve fleet efficiency;
- Instant alerts when a vehicle enters or leaves a previously designated area or nominated geo-zone;
- Live location data that helps your team make “smart, informed decisions” in real time;
- Innovative tracking solutions that show the exact time spent behind the wheel and when, where and how each vehicle was used;
- Route planning and optimization, reducing fuel consumption by as much as 50%;
- Proof-of-delivery data and more accurate customer ETAs.
Omnitracs has developed an intelligent fleet telematics solution. GPS vehicle tracking is one of the most important tools and it includes the following:
- Live GPS tracking that provides real-time fleet insights;
- A web-based application where fleet managers can quickly view the location of any vehicle and driver;
- The technology you need to confidently monitor daily operations;
- Instant feedback on whether or not planned operations are being carried out;
- Tracking data which minimize risky driver behavior such as speeding;
- Fuel usage monitoring including idling and personal use;
- Reliable driver location, so that you can share accurate information with a customer when they ask;
- Easy-to-use mapping that feeds valuable reporting software.
8. Brickhouse Security
Brickhouse Security offers fleet companies a GPS tracking solution that:
- Allows your team to “track and manage anything, anywhere”;
- Includes free automatic updates, so that you don’t need to pay for software updates;
- Uses BrickHouse GPS trackers which are 4G wireless-enabled and future-proofed for tracking all across North America;
- Offers flexible hardware that can be battery-powered, hard-wired or mixed;
- Uses international devices, so that you can continue tracking vehicles even in a different country;
- Comes with a mobile app or secure website access where you can view live tracking outside the office;
- Provides instant alerts about the status of your vehicles;
- Enables geofencing so that you can determine when drivers deviate from schedule routes.
Geotab offer a comprehensive suite of fleet management solutions. Its GPS tracking technology:
- Comes from the “world’s leading connected vehicle company”;
- Includes “next generation GPS vehicle tracking devices” with Geotab GO9;
- Comes with expanded capacity for further native vehicle support;
- Tracks vehicle diagnostics so that you can improve fleet fuel usage;
- Includes trackers that simply plug directly into your vehicle’s OBD II port;
- Doesn’t require antenna or wire-splicing during installation;
- Collects rich, accurate data on vehicle location, ignition, trip distance and more;
- Allows for forensic reconstruction of events where there is a suspected collision.
Linxup uses real-time GPS tracking to offer:
- Trackers that help you quickly and easily locate any vehicle;
- Once-a-minute location updates when the vehicle is moving;
- An intuitive Google Maps user interface where you can see your entire fleet on one screen;
- Valuable live analytics such as traffic conditions, helping you to improve fleet efficiency;
- A bird’s-eye-view of all vehicle locations and details;
- Fleet managers the tools they need to communicate accurate ETAs to customers;
- Vehicle history reviews with an animated, interactive route replay that breaks each day down into detailed trip segments
- Geofencing capabilities and alarms when drivers leave and enter assigned routes.
Azuga has developed a comprehensive suite of fleet management solutions. It uses GPS fleet tracking to:
- Put fleet safety first with detailed driver behavior analytics;
- Keep your vehicles and your drivers performing at their best, including details about which drivers exceeded the speed limit you set;
- Help limit distractions (such as smartphone blocking) whenever a vehicle is in motion;
- See how long a vehicle idled and where it idled, helping to improve fuel usage;
- Improve dispatching with automated dispatch notifications based on a driver’s location;
- Show you where your fleet is at all times with live map view;
- Increase your fleet security with parked vehicle location;
- Build geofence locations and calculate the time spent in each of them.
NexTraq is a Michelin Group company. Its cloud-based GPS tracking system focuses on the following:
- The fleet information you need to decrease overtime and maximize revenue;
- View modes that switch between an individual vehicle or your entire fleet;
- Intelligent dispatching that sends the closest vehicle and driver to the job;
- Keeping your vehicles moving and reducing idle time;
- Providing the live factual information that you need to make intelligent routing and scheduling adjustments;
- Real-time alerts when drivers stray from their assigned route;
- Making sure that your drivers work efficiently and only spend time getting from one job to the next;
- Providing your team with the tools they need to reduce costs and streamline operations.
13. Verizon Connect
Verizon Connect is one of America’s largest providers of fleet management solutions. Its GPS tracking:
- Increases fleet visibility to help you make the most of every business day;
- Provides a “near real-time, 360-degree view of your fleet’s daily operations”;
- Helps you uncover hidden costs while revealing potential for greater productivity and efficiency;
- Allows you to provide accurate ETAs;
- Prevents drivers from moving out of of designated areas with geofencing;
- Shows idle time, helping you to increase efficiency and reduce fuel consumption;
- Uses quick and easy-to-install GPS hardware;
- Helps you train drivers by creating in-cab alerts for harsh braking, driving distractions and dangerous driving.
Zubie offers a GPS tracking system that:
- Is easy-to-use for fleets of every size;
- Helps you quickly locate your vehicles and drivers on the Zubie Fleet Connect Live Map;
- Allows you to take tracking out of office with live maps available on your smartphone and tablet;
- Makes sure you never miss a trip that your driver takes in your vehicle;
- Details the exact route a driver takes, where they started, where they stopped and everything in between;
- Can be configured to produce automatic notifications when drivers have arrived at their target destination;
- Gives you the opportunity to impress customers with accurate ETAs;
- Does not require expensive tracking hardware. All that’s required is a key plugged into the ODBII port.
15. Enterprise Fleet Management
Enterprise is one of the biggest names in the industry and its GPS tracking system includes the following:
- A small plug-and-play tracking device – no need for expensive hardware;
- Access to a wealth of real-time, vehicle-specific data;
- An online portal showing vehicle location and speed, helping you optimize fleet performance;
- A bird’s-eye view of your fleet operations which is available 24/7;
- The live data you need to make informed decisions about route optimization and proactive fleet management;
- Critical engine data that you can use to maintain your vehicles properly;
- Monitoring unplanned stops and a detailed analysis of driver activity;
- The tools you need to improve driver safety and reduce the risk of accidents.
Lytx has developed an advanced GPS tracking system to meet your needs. Its GPS tracking:
- Lets you see your fleet in near-real time;
- Helps you to manage driver efficiency and keep your vehicles running in top condition;
- Allows you to review full trip replays on their tracking software;
- Gives you the opportunity to access up to 100 driving hours of continual video to prove what really happened, if you ever need to protect your drivers or your company;
- Helps you dispatch the closest vehicle to any destination and the driver who can get there the quickest;
- Improves customer services by communicating highly accurate ETAs to your customers;
- Sets alerts for arrival and departure times so that you can ensure that your drivers stick to exact routes;
- Provides you with the information you need to make routing adjustments on the spot.
17. Teletrac Navman
Teletrac Navman has developed a GPS tracking system that:
- Increases visibility over the entire fleet;
- Improves customer satisfaction with highly accurate delivery times;
- Makes route optimization simple, increasing fleet efficiency;
- Gives your team the power to identify poor driving and improve driver behavior;
- Also tracks speeding, harsh braking, acceleration and cornering, compiling it into a handy report;
- Tracks idle time, showing you new ways to improve fuel management;
- Shows live traffic updates and allows you to dispatch jobs to the closest drivers;
- Can incorporate geofencing, alerting you when drivers enter and exit specific areas.
EROAD features GPS tracking as part of its effective fleet management package. Its tracking technology features:
- Complete visibility and control over all of your vehicles
- Route management and live tracking so that you can make the adjustments you need to make;
- Geofenced areas that allow you to monitor driver activity in a specific area;
- Thorough vehicle monitoring that tracks other important metrics such as idle time. This helps to better manage fuel efficiency;
- Improved dispatching capabilities;
- Accurate details for arrival times and confirmation of planned stops;
- Confirmed time cards, helping you to better manage driver working hours;
- All the details you need to improve efficiency and ensure productivity.
19. GPS Insight
GPS Insight focuses on fleet management software. However, it also offers powerful GPS tracking capabilities that:
- Show real-time fleet visibility so that you can assess live data;
- Store your vehicle’s historical routes so that past activity is always accessible;
- Can be viewed on a number of devices out-of-office, including tablets and smartphones;
- Help you to control idling and closely monitor fuel usage;
- Monitor dangerous driver behavior, including speeding and harsh breaking;
- Track every second your drivers are working, so that there are no inconsistencies with hours worked and hours claimed;
- Provides you with the tools you need to coach better driver behavior;
- Keep your fleet safe, and help to track them in the event of theft.
Automile offers GPS tracking solutions that:
- Feature real-time tracking with incredibly precise live locations;
- Alerts you about speeding, accidents and more as they happen;
- Automatically creates the most efficient routes for your drivers;
- Helps your team adjust driver routes in real-time with live traffic updates;
- Improves client satisfaction with highly accurate ETAs;
- Enhances the safety and security of your vehicles by tracking them 24/7;
- Comes with geo-fencing capabilities, giving you complete control and protection of your assets and business;
- Makes your mile tracking bulletproof when it comes to inspections and compliance.
21. Element Fleet Management
With Element Fleet Management’s one-stop fleet management solution, you’ll enjoy the following GPS tracking features:
- A diverse set of tools to help you monitor mileage and reduce fuel usage;
- Improved driver and vehicle accountability with complete visibility;
- Much faster safety and service response times;
- Streamlined job dispatching based on a driver’s location;
- Navigation solutions to help your drivers manage their routes more efficiently;
- Over 10 million “built-in points of interest including truck stops and safe places to sleep” that drivers can see using live location;
- Complete tracking of business and personal use so that you fully understand vehicle usage;
- Comprehensive data capture based on driver routes, including GPS-enabled trip logging.
22. FleetLocate (Spireon) Connected by OnStar
FleetLocate by Spireon uses GPS fleet tracking to offer the following:
- Tracking of your assets anywhere, anytime, and on any device;
- Real-time monitoring of driver behavior 24/7;
- Business intelligence that leads to better business decision-making;
- Reliable, real-time data on your drivers and vehicles;
- Streamlined dispatching techniques, making sure the closest driver is the one getting the job;
- A tracking solution that can be customized for fleet of all sizes;
- Breadcrumb trails and idle time data;
- Exact hours of service logging, so that driver hours are logged with much greater accuracy.
23. US Fleet Tracking
US Fleet Tracking offers a complete GPS tracking solution that:
- Gives you full control of your fleet, and full access anywhere;
- Provides you with the most powerful tools for managing your vehicles;
- Includes unmatched functionality carefully designed to help you achieve your goals;
- Comes with proof of success – hundreds of thousands of businesses have increased their efficiency by tracking with US Fleet Tracking;
- Allows you to track and manage your assets on the go;
- Provides live information on the status of your vehicles wherever you are, including live traffic and weather;
- Cuts down on wasted fuel by being notified when a vehicle idles for too long;
- Has geofencing technology to notify you when an asset enters, exits or comes within proximity of a specified area.
24. ClearPath GPS
ClearPath GPS focuses on GPS tracking products. Those GPS tracking solutions include the following:
- Tracking with no technology, meaning that you can cancel at any point;
- Valuable monitoring of your whole fleet;
- Remote access to live tracking on apps and devices used out-of-office;
- Geofencing technology so that you remain in control of fleet activity;
- Detailed information about which drivers are at job sites, which are on breaks, and which are heading home;
- A full fleet location picture that loads in seconds;
- An improvement on dispatching operation. Your team will always know where vehicles are, so they can contact the right drivers about new job requests;
- No more paying for questionable overtime, since your GPS tracking system automatically records every start, stop, and total time at each location.
Onfleet has developed a powerful fleet management software. It uses GPS tracking technology to offer:
- Real-time driver tracking and live locations, with accurate ETAs in a beautiful, branded and responsive web tracking experience;
- Automatic status updates regrading the progress of a vehicle’s route;
- Tracking of success rates, on-time rates, service times, distance traveled and more;
- Predictive ETA as part of tracking, so that you can ‘put out fires before they start’;
- Full tracking of driver productivity and accountability;
- The live data you need for Onfleet’s powerful auto-dispatch engine;
- A route optimization solution that considers time, location, capacity and traffic;
- Comprehensive vehicle reports that can only be compiled with their highly accurate tracking data.
Coretex provides high-quality fleet solutions thanks to its advanced GPS tracking system. Its tracking system:
- Offers a complete tracking system for ‘compliance, safety, efficiency, and customer service’;
- Helps you track vehicle activity in the geographic areas that matter. Geofencing capabilities are included;
- Includes highly accurate time and location geofence activity, recording to the nearest second;
- Allows management teams to set speed limits and be notified when they are exceeded;
- Feeds reports designed to help maximise routes and driver behaviour for reduced fuel costs;
- Can be configured to sound alerts when workers are driving dangerously;
- Includes the technology you need to minimize he risk of accidents;
- Can be combined with in-cab dashboard technology to feed a live picture of a driver’s behavior.
27. Zonar Systems
Zonar Systems put a big focus on its telematics solutions. GPS tracking is a big part of that, and it helps users to:
- Consistently monitor your fleet anytime and anywhere;
- Run time-stamped reports and receive alerts;
- Gain valuable insights in to a single vehicle or an entire fleet;
- Customize the user-friendly interface to show only the tracking information you need;
- Benefit from the “Intelligent Logging” algorithm that senses all vehicle activity, found within the Zonar Z4;
- Make crucial decisions based on up-to-the-second live data;
- Stay connected with powerful built-in 4G and 3G radios, covering your vehicle nationwide;
- Enjoy real-time visibility into fleet and project operations from any web-enabled device – even out-of-office.
28. Pedigree Technologies
Pedigree Technologies has developed fleet management solutions with GPS tracking playing a significant role. Its tracking solutions:
- Help you to remotely track, monitor, and manage all of your fixed and mobile assets
- Improve your fleet dispatching process;
- Improve customer service with accurate ETAs and reliable customer communications;
- Monitor driver performance metrics as well as tracking location;
- Help you to reduce idle time and improve fuel management;
- Improve vehicle routing by optimizing routes with weather and traffic in mind;
- Show you critical tracking information and fleet data anytime, anywhere, on any device with an Internet connection;
- Present everything you need to know about your fleet location on one simple screen.
29. Mix Telematics
Mix Telematics is a leading global provider of telematics solutions. GPS tracking is an important part of those solutions and offers:
- Unlimited access to information about your vehicles and drivers;
- Improved vehicle and driver safety by monitoring driver behavior;
- Mobile applications which help you track and locate your vehicles even out-of-office;
- Tracking modules that provide a real-time view of a vehicle or asset’s position;
- Critical vehicle insights, including ignition status;
- User-defined live streams that allow you to monitor your fleet in a proactive way;
- Video recording systems, in-cab navigation and other features that will all benefit your location tracking;
- The tools you need to make your fleet more efficient and more profitable.
Quartix is able to offer highly reliable vehicle tracking. Its GPS tracking solutions make the following possible:
- Tracking of your drivers in real time;
- A powerful tracking solution without the need for additional software – everything is based on the web;
- Google-backed vehicle mapping technology;
- Valuable and data-filled reports, viewable on a system that is easy to navigate;
- Confirmation of where stops were made and what time jobs or deliveries were completed;
- Start and finish times of each individual driver – no need to wait for timesheets;
- The distance traveled and the idle time for each trip, helping you to improve overall efficiency and fuel management;
- Daily route map replays which can be broken down to show stops, speeds, and more.
31. GPS Trackit
This one’s in the name! GPS Trackit offers a dynamic tracking solution that includes:
- Detailed interactive maps, so that you always know where your vehicles are;
- Geofencing technology so that you can maintain control of locations you’ve set as off-limit;
- 24/7 coverage and the power you need to protect your business;
- Accurate data that helps you make better decisions;
- Location updates available every minute;
- Technology to help you recover lost or stolen vehicles;
- Event-triggered alerts, depending on the speed, direction and movement of your vehicle;
- Enhanced security and safety for all of your drivers and vehicles.
32. Track Your Truck
Track Your Truck offers advanced GPS fleet tracking. It also markets the GPS tracking hardware your system will need. Its tracking solutions:
- Make 24/7 tracking possible, even on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets;
- Allow you to monitor driver behavior, understanding how well they stick to speed limits;
- Capture driver start times, stop times, idle times and more, that you can use to coach better driving and improve efficiency;
- Can be set-up to alert you when drivers are speeding, braking harshly or making sharp turns;
- Allow you to view vehicle and driver progress in real time;
- Incorporate NetTrack in to their tracking devices. These live GPS tracking devices improve fleet management by collecting detailed vehicle reports into one web-based interface with simple mapping tools;
- Help you to spot developing traffic situations and adjust routes on the spot;
- Include long-lasting and reliable tracking hardware.
33. Gorilla Safety
Gorilla Safety takes fleet management seriously. It uses GPS tracking to:
- Show the current location, last known location and breadcrumb trail or your vehicles;
- Provide highly accurate 24/7 vehicle tracking;
- Keep you compliant, particularly when you get a surprise roadside inspection;
- Show a bird’s-eye view, letting you know whether or not drivers are carrying out their tasks effectively;
- Immediately show the live location of any accidents and breakdowns;
- Store the tracking information that your insurance provider will need to see in case of accident;
- Improve the security and safety of your vehicles. Tracking devices will deter thieves and in the case of burglary, you’ll be able to track your vehicle;
- Improve the performance of your drivers, vehicles, company safety, and operations.
CarrierWeb offers ‘always-on’ fleet management to its customers. It includes GPS tracking technology that:
- Tracks the precise location of your vehicles minute-by-minute;
- Sends immediate alerts when an event specified by you occurs or a driver threshold is exceeded;
- Automatically compiles tracking data in to reports that your team can use to improve operations;
- Dispatches trip orders to the best-suited vehicle from your own scheduling;
- Displays trip status and information in real time;
- Comes with a fully integrated navigation system, saving you and your driver time;
- Makes life simple for your drivers. Once they accept a trip order, they’ll be automatically directed to the next address;
- Gives you the tools you need to improve productivity and reduce costs.
35. Merchants Fleet
Merchants Fleet offers its customers flexible, tailored GPS tracking systems. You can expect its tracking solutions to provide you with:
- Huge amounts of fleet data so that you can identify opportunities and way to improve;
- A solution that fits the size of your fleet – their products can easily be scaled up or down;
- Real-time vehicle locations and movement data;
- Stored journeys saved in historic snapshots. That way you remain fully compliant;
- Detailed information about driver idle time, stop time and start time;
- Tracking devices that are easily installed and reliable;
- A complete, highly valuable picture of your fleet’s daily operations;
- Instant notifications of bad driver behavior that trackers immediately detect.
36. Blue Tree Systems
Blue Tree Systems (ORBCOMM) give you total fleet control with its GPS tracking solutions. Its tracking products feature the following:
- Instant and comprehensive information, designed to maximize the productivity and efficiency of your fleet;
- Real-time location data;
- Highly accurate information available at your fingertips;
- Extensive tracking history in breadcrumb format on a map;
- Valuable reports that are fed by vehicle trackers. This shows driver behavior and allows you to coach better driving;
- All the data you need to maximize route efficiency and adjust routes in real time;
- Minimized GPRS costs when driving internationally;
- Live driver status, so that your dispatching team can streamline operations.
37. National Fleet Tracking
National Fleet Tracking focuses on ELD and GPS tracking. Its GPS tracking products:
- Provide you with live, highly-accurate data to manage your entire fleet;
- Give you full visibility of your vehicles so that you know where they are at all times;
- Can be customized to send instant notifications when dangerous driver behavior is detected;
- Improve the safety and security of your vehicles. You’ll be able to quickly to locate stolen vehicles;
- Use geofencing to let you know exactly when drivers enter and exit pre-determined locations;
- Help you to reduce insurance costs. Security is increased, location is 24/7 and you’ll be able to coach your driver behavior;
- Boost the productivity of your fleet operations and reduce costs;
- Provide you with the tools you need to improve customer service, communicating accurate ETAs.
38. Trimble Fleet Management
Trimble Fleet Management promises to transform your business with its smart technology. Its GPS tracking technology helps to offer the following:
- Full GPS visibility of your entire fleet;
- Event monitoring available on one screen;
- Effective tracking that can be used globally;
- Driver performance benchmarking with location data that is compiled into valuable reports;
- Full safety compliance with visible hours worked and miles covered;
- Tracking of vital data. This information is compiled and presented in a smart way so that you can spot trends;
- Strict and highly accurate geofencing, notifying you when drivers enter and exit areas that aren’t permitted;
- Simple and straightforward navigation, helping you to improve efficiency and route optimization.
Bridgehaul has developed fleet management solutions that go far beyond the typical offerings. This includes GPS tracking that:
- Offers real-time fleet tracking;
- Constantly refreshes to keep your team compliant;
- Can be used to provide GPS navigation and improved driver efficiency;
- Shows the availability of each driver, helping you communicate highly accurate ETAs to customers;
- Saves critical data and creates intelligent, insightful reporting;
- Uses a simple interface, helping you to see every driver on one easy-to-use screen;
- Records the exact driver mileage so that there are no inconsistencies with driver logging;
- Combines other features of their ELD and fleet management solutions into one powerful system.
40. EAGLEi GPS
EAGLEi offers its customers a GPS tracking solution that includes the following:
- A design that has incorporated years of customer feedback and is therefore very easy to use;
- All the location information you need with just a couple of clicks;
- Geofencing technology so that you can specify where drivers are – and aren’t permitted to enter;
- The location of the nearest driver to a job, so that you can improve dispatching and save time and fuel;
- Tracking information that can be accessed from desktop or mobile apps for iPhone and Android;
- Highly accurate hours-of-service data, since every minute and mile is tracked;
- Improved customer service levels with super-accurate ETAs;
- A more efficient fleet, since you can identify how long a driver spends on each job and use that information to improve operations.
41. Titan GPS
Titan GPS has developed a fleet management solution that puts a big focus on fleet tracking. Its system:
- Helps you track, monitor, and optimize your fleet vehicles;
- Gives you the location information you need to turn your fleet into a well-oiled machine;
- Increases the accountability of each driver;
- Helps you to eliminate poor driver behavior such as speeding and aggressive braking;
- Lets you measure everything that you manage. You can reduce costs and inefficiencies throughout your fleet;
- Improves your customer service and customer communication with accurate dispatch data;
- Shows you the location and status of all of your tracked fleet assets live on a map;
- Uses auto-position updating to keep your map updated in real-time.
42. Blue Ink Tech (BIT)
Blue Ink Bit uses GPS tracking to offer its customers the following:
- The location of one or all of your vehicles and drivers;
- Live progress and updates during deliveries;
- Traffic features that allow you to see what’s ahead and make smart routing decisions;
- BIT Available Hours data and location that help you maximize your drivers’ shifts;
- Data storage so that you can view the past trips of your drivers;
- Historic routing so that you can see where your drivers were waiting and plan better routes in the future;
- Full compliance and shift visibility for roadside inspections;
- GPS tracking solutions that
OneStepGPS focuses primarily on GPS Tracking solutions that help to provide:
- An easy way to monitor one or one thousand vehicles;
- Simple trackers with quick plug-in installation;
- Real-time GPS tracking 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- 100% web-based location monitoring that doesn’t require additional software;
- Trackers that can update vehicle location every 2 seconds;
- Instant text and email alerts when unsafe driver behavior is detected;
- Notifications when drivers use their vehicles out-of-hours or out with specified areas;
- Past travel history that helps you remain compliant and optimize operations.
Advanced Tracking Technologies Inc. (ATTI) uses GPS telematics to offer its customers the following:
- 24/7 driver location so that you never lose sight of a vehicle;
- The tracking information you need to analyze driver behavior including idle time and speeding;
- A system that makes each driver more accountable;
- The tools you need to coach better driver behavior;
- Improved vehicle utilization by planning dispatching in more detail;
- Fully documented stops and the exact driver routes, that you can compare to the pre-planned route;
- Real-time alerts while your driver’s are on the road, helping you to interact with potentially hazardous situations;
- A real-time fleet location so that you can make the adjustments you need to and improve fleet efficiency.
Transflo uses telematics technology in a huge range of its products. It also uses it to provide GPS tracking technology that:
- Provides a 24/7 driver location, so that you always have full visibility of your fleet;
- Displays live traffic, including route changes and traffic alerts;
- Helps your team analyze individual driver idle time and increase fuel efficiency;
- Stores tracking routes from past performances so that you can optimize route efficiency in future;
- Uses reliable and industry-leading GeoTab ELDs;
- Includes an interactive dashboard where you can adjust routes in live time;
- Has a quick plug-and-play installation;
- Can detect accidents and hazardous behavior, helping you to locate dangerous incidents immediately.
46. Fleet Complete
Fleet Complete provides an advanced GPS tracking solution that:
- Displays your fleet information from anywhere on a mobile device with an internet connection;
- Allows you to measure and analyze your fleet performance based on routes, trips and events;
- Can be combined with video telematics to improve your fleet safety;
- Comes with an in-cab voice coaching option that will help your drivers make better decisions on the road;
- Shows real-time visibility, optimizing load planning
- Shows each driver’s duty so that you’re aware of the progress of each job;
- Uses devices that are equipped with a variety of cables to suit every vehicle type;
- Shares all the performance metrics you need to improve your team’s productivity.
47. AT&T Fleet Complete
AT&T Fleet Complete offers a cost-effective GPS tracking solution that:
- Allows for near real-time fleet management;
- Enables you to monitor your full fleet on one clear, simple map;
- Sends you ‘aggressive driving’ alerts so that you can better manage your fleet safety;
- Records the metrics you need to coach your fleet to be safer drivers;
- Provides a user-friendly solution for every fleet, no matter the size;
- Can be combined with a huge amount of sensor technology to show useful information like temperatures and engine diagnostics;
- Defines the areas your drivers are permitted to enter with reliable geofencing;
- Can be set-up for immediate on-boarding with no long-term contract obligation, hardware or installation costs.
48. Chevin FleetWave
Chevin FleetWave offers flexible fleet management solutions. It uses GPS tracking that features:
- Flexible and adaptable tracking technology that can be designed to fit your needs;
- Route history that is instantly accessible so that you can plan for future routes;
- Big tracking data – but only the data you need. You can select which features you’d like to see and won’t feel overwhelmed;
- All of the information you need about your entire fleet location and movement in one easily accessible place;
- All the live vehicle information you need to make the right decision in real-time;
- Simple integration with other tracking applications and third-party software;
- A dedicated support team, helping to resolve 85% of raised issues;
- Fleet data that feeds highly valuable reports.
49. Rhino Fleet Tracking
This one’s in the name, isn’t it? Rhino Fleet Tracking offers dynamic and effective GPS tracking that:
- Improves communication across the board, making life easier for drivers, managers, and operators;
- Maintains a ‘high level’ of security, since you always know where your assets are;
- Improves the dispatch procedure and sends jobs to the most appropriate drivers;
- Can be viewed on any computer, smartphone, or tablet with an internet connection;
- Tracks driver data to report speeding, stops, idle time, and more;
- Sends notifications to your office team whenever there are instances of speeding or dangerous driving from any of your drivers;
- Presents all of your vital fleet data in a single, powerful GPS tracking dashboard;
- Can be used to set up geofence locations and alert office teams when drivers enter or leave specified areas.
GoFleet uses GPS fleet vehicle tracking to maximize your fleet efficiency. Its tracking technology:
- Gives your team the oversight it needs to run a safer and more profitable fleet;
- Takes the stress out of fleet management, ensuring that you never lose sight of a vehicle or asset;
- Uses robust, reliable, and technically advanced trackers from Geotab;
- Comes with plug-and-play hardware that saves you time waiting on a professional installation;
- Is dependable and live, with the option to accurately update your map dashboard every second;
- Shows you which drivers can be relied on – and which ones can’t. You can track driver behavior to reduce overall risk;
- Records vehicle diagnostics and maintenance schedules;
- Records idle time and presents the information in easy-to-read reports, allowing you to reduce fuel usage.
GPS Tracking Q&A
What is GPS tracking?
GPS tracking involves a physical navigation tracker that is attached to a mobile vehicle, and the global positioning system (GPS). As the vehicle moves, the tracker’s movement and location are determined and displayed on a centralized screen. It shows you exactly where a tracked item is in the world.
Location data can be stored on the tracker and viewed later. Or, more commonly, the location data is transmitted and displayed on a map backdrop in near-real time. This shows the live location of the mobile unit. However, it can also be used to show many more details including speed, direction, and navigation.
How does GPS tracking work?
Tracking is made possible through GPS. This is a worldwide radio-navigation system that involves a network of satellites and their partnered ground stations. The unique satellite signals from the GPS network are processed by a receiver.
A physical tracker uses trilateration to determine how far away the vehicle is from 3 different GPS satellites. That unit will then broadcast the location information to an assigned computer system. Often, specific software is required to receive and display the location data. GPS tracking is one element of fleet telematics.
What equipment is involved?
GPS already exists and is used for countless applications around the world. The fundamental piece of equipment used in GPS tracking is therefore the physical tracker.
These trackers are portable devices that are attached to mobile assets and vehicles. There are typically 3 different types of GPS tracker: data logger; data pusher; data puller. A data pusher is the type of GPS tracker used most frequently with fleet vehicle tracking. This sends location information at specific intervals so that a navigation feed is constantly updated and accurate.
These devices can be incredibly sophisticated, and are normally constructed within a durable frame. Other types of tracking devices can be included within an electronic logging device (ELD) as well. This sits within the vehicle cab, as opposed to being installed somewhere on the body of the vehicle.
Then, the location data needs to be displayed on some form of computer. Many companies will provide specific software or a web-based application that displays vehicle locations on several different devices.
Will GPS tracking save you money?
When used in an intelligent way, GPS tracking should help you to reduce costs and improve overall operation. The biggest financial saving is with an improvement in fuel usage. Tracking shows you how long your vehicles spend in specific locations and helps to reduce idle time, speeding, and harsh braking.
It can also be used to improve dispatch operations. This sees orders and work tasks being assigned to the nearest driver and again, helps to reduce fuel costs. Employee productivity should also see a boost, and driver overtime can be closely monitored.
Finally, the historical route data should help you to plan better routes in future. You’ll be aware of traffic conditions and after analyzing past trips, you’ll know how to avoid potential delays and hold-ups.
Are all vehicles capable of using GPS trackers?
Yes – there’s a different type of GPS tracker for the vast majority of vehicles. Many of these businesses have very flexible solutions that are sure to accurately track your vehicle in some capacity.
* Please note we have an affiliate relationship with Keeptruckin.